You own the Speedernet Sphere Premium 3D version? Here is how to animate your 3D objects.
When you import a 3D object (.glTF) in your project, if this object contains animations, these will also be imported and available in your project.
Sphere has what is called a glTF animations mixer. It allows you to call one or several glTF animations from your 3D object and then to parameter how they play.
You can access the glTF animations from the Properties window of the 3D object, tab “Aspects/states”.
In this window, the “Create a glTF animation” button enables you to create your glTF animations mixer.
To do so:
- Click on the “+” button (1) next to “Create a glTF animation”
- Name it (2)
- Click on “+ Add” (3)
- Click on the newly created field to open the list of glTF animations for that 3D object (4)
- Select the glTF animation you wish to add to the animations mixer
- Set the playback parameters of the animation (5):
- Single play or play loop
- Reverse (from end to beginning of the animation)
- Ping-pong (back and forth from beginning to end and vice versa)
- Speed (speed of the animation playback)
- Iterations (the number of times the animation has to play)
If your 3D object has several glTF animations, you can decide to add several of these animations to the glTF animations mixer. To do so, click on “+ Add” to add another glTF animation to the mixer.
To delete a glTF animation, simply click on the “X” icon at the left of the animation name.
You can also create another animations mixer by clicking on the “+” button next to the first mixer.
Follow the same steps as before to add and configurate the animation playback.
To delete an animations mixer, simply click on the delete button.
In parallel with glTF animations, you also have the possibility to enrich your 3D objects using the parameters available in the "ANIMATIONS" tab.
Once you have defined the animation (s) of your 3D objects, you can trigger them either using the "CONDITIONALS" tool or the "EVENT" tool according to your scenario.
See also the article: Animations tool