Your 3D context does not integrate a floor? But you want to move in it? 💻😀
Speedernet Sphere online library provides you an example of a 3D floor, allowing you to move in your 3D environment.
I suggest you watch the video below to see how to use this grid:
Here are the steps to follow:
- Add your 3D context and put it in the scene
- Add a second 3D item
- Download the 3D “floor” item in the online library and define it as a media element
- Place the floor according to your 3D context
- Adjust the size of the ground with the “scale” according to your 3D context’s size
- Test it
Moving in a 3D context
This floor allows you to move in the 3D context. This movement can be done in several ways, depending on the device you use:
On the computer browser, you can move in two different ways:
- Hold the left click and target the place of the movement – By releasing the left click, you will teleport yourself to the place desired.
- Use the keyboard buttons
With the VR headset, two ways of moving are also possible:
- With the VR headset controllers, target the zone you want in the environment and pull the trigger
- If you have enough space around you, you can move physically
In your smartphone and tablet browser, double tap on the area where you want to go.
Now it’s your turn! Don’t hesitate to share your comments and questions!
See you soon for the next tutorial! 🙂